Meeting on First Day
Meeting for Worship
- We meet every week on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. in our meetinghouse at 3rd and Madison.
- Children are encouraged to attend Meeting for the first 15 minutes, and then go to First Day school, which is held through the end of Meeting for Worship in rooms on the second floor of the meetinghouse.
- Friends arriving after 10:30 are asked to wait to enter the meeting room until the children exit at 10:45.
Additional Summer Worship
- Starting in June, we will also worship at the Hector Meetinghouse at 10:00 a.m. at the Hector Meetinghouse, 5066 Perry City Road, Trumansburg NY
- Summer worship will continue at least through August
Monthly Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business
Business of the Meeting is conducted in the manner of Friends generally on the second Sunday of each month following meeting for worship. Business is conducted prayerfully, seeking guidance from the Spirit. The “sense of the meeting” is sought for decision making. “Action is taken only when the group can proceed in substantial unity” (Faith and Practice, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting).
Administrative matters and social concerns are generally handled in committees, which bring recommendations to Monthly Meeting for discussion and appropriate action.
On fourth Sundays of each month, Meeting for Worship is typically followed by a light brunch. Many elect to bring finger foods.