September 19, 2020
8:30am Tech check-in/optional fellowship/chat/conversation/preplanned meeting groups
10:00am Meeting for Worship/
Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business
• Acknowledgement of the Land
• Review agenda
• Roll Call
• Silent Waiting Worship
• Reading (from “Welcome to Extended Meeting for Worship”)
Morning group time:
Meet in monthly meeting/church groups.
Last year each meeting considered concerns, challenges, and gifts. These were included in the State of the Meeting Reports.
• What has changed, and what may need to be changed?
• How do we recognize what is needed? Describe your sense of how Friends are called into community.
• How do we create the Beloved Community? How can we live into being and creating community?
• Are there practical steps you hope Friends will commit to?
12:00pm Lunch/ Self-care/ Optional discussion and group time
1:00pm Preparation/transition time for 1:30pm session
1:30pm Afternoon group time
This morning, we met in our monthly meetings and church groups. This afternoon, we will meet in affinity groups formed around the gifts and leadings we named this morning, considering our spiritual gifts as we engage in the emerging work of the region.
Spiritual gifts are abilities we have that often seem to come naturally to us. They may stand out as exceptional to others. Friends have gifts for working with children, for managing money, for resolving conflict, for comforting the sick, and more.
Sometimes we know our own gifts. Sometimes it takes others to see Spirit at work in us. Recognizing our own gifts and those of others helps us restore justice and repair the world. Can the naming and evoking of gifts within our meetings and churches help us address the region’s most pressing needs?
• What is emerging in our region? How are we called to respond?
• Where and how do we discern what we are going to do? What are our next steps?
3:00pm Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business
• Report from the afternoon’s affinity groups regarding next steps
• Spring Gathering Report
• State of the Region Report
• Suspension of FSRM rotation schedule
• (additional agenda items invited)
5:00pm Optional dinnertime reflections and conversations