This page is just a test of how we can use separate pages to highlight blog posts within a given category. For instance, this page should include all the posts tagged with the “Newsletter” category.
- The Amazing New York Climate BillLetter from Earthcare The spirit is leading the many thoughtful people in New York through the difficulties of shaping one of the most progressive policies in the union in regards to climate change. We in Ithaca Monthly Meeting, who advocate stewardship and respect for the Earth, can only be very excited and encouraged by the […]
- Supporting Federal Recognition for the Traditional Gayogoho:no CommunityAt IMM’s Peace and Social Justice Committee meeting on Sunday, August 15, we discussed a recent article from the Finger Lakes Times about Gayogoho:no (Cayuga*) people again living on their traditional lands around Cayuga Lake, and their interactions with the Seneca County Board of Supervisors (link below). We are deeply concerned about violence instigated by […]
- Project AbundanceThe Project Abundance garden is growing beautifully! When Steve and I recently stopped by to check on it, he took these photos. In Friendship, Amala
- Project Abundance GerminatesIf you’ve attended Meeting for Worship in person at our Third Street Meetinghouse, or just been past there recently you probably noticed several raised garden beds installed on the tree lawn and along the fence. What you’re seeing is the beginning of Project Abundance. Thanks in part to a mini-grant from Sustainable Tompkins, Ithaca Monthly […]
- UN: Nuclear Weapons Illegal as well as Immoral— Garry Thomas At his sentencing on October 15, in Federal Court in Brunswick, Georgia, Kings Bay Plowshares activist Patrick O’Neill told Judge Lisa Godbey Wood: “This court, by its refusal to consider the lawlessness of weapons of mass destruction, is essentially declaring the end of the world to be acceptable.” Just days later, on […]