Our Third Street Meetinghouse (TSM) is located at 120 Third Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. This page lists events and activities taking place in TSM; some are related to Ithaca Monthly Meeting and some are for outside groups. To see the events for Ithaca Meeting, please visit our Calendar page. To request space at TSM for an event or meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Street Meetinghouse Usage Calendar
Using the Meetinghouse During Covid-19
An outside group may use our Third Street Meetinghouse (TSM) for an event if the following conditions are met:
- Building requests should be made as early as possible including the specific date, and beginning and end time of the event (and which rooms in the Meetinghouse you would like to use). All requests should be emailed to TSM scheduler, Ithacamonthlymeeting@gmail.com
- The scheduler will send the group our COVID guidelines (see below) and ask the group how they are planning to use the space in a way that is consistent with our guidelines.
- The event must be attended by somebody from Ithaca Monthly Meeting (IMM) who will greet and grant the organization entry into the building, remain present throughout the event, and ensure that our COVID guidelines are followed.
- The organization requesting use of the building must be able to identify who from IMM will be attending their event. The scheduler or a member of the COVID working group will confirm that this person is planning to perform this role, understands the requirements, and will be given the entry code.
COVID Guidelines for Being in IMM Meetinghouses
- No one who has symptoms of disease should come to the Meetinghouse.
- No more than 25 people can be in the building at one time.
- All attendees must wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose the whole time they are in the Meetinghouse – masks may be removed briefly when eating but must be worn at all times when not eating.
- Attenders will space themselves at least 6 feet apart.
- Attenders should use hand sanitizer upon entering the building and again before they leave.
- No food may be prepared in the Meetinghouse and no Meetinghouse dishes may be used. Guests may bring prepared food and eat in the Meetinghouse by using their own dishes and utensils. It is okay to temporarily store prepared food in the refrigerator (nothing should be left there after the event). It is okay to heat already prepared food in the oven or microwave, but please bring your own utensils for stirring or serving food.
- Groups including youth (such as First Day school, TEEN DAY, or tutoring programs) may use the CDC guidelines for social distancing and masks for schools for the appropriate age group instead of the adult guidelines. (For example, current guidelines for middle and high school students are for 3 foot social distancing.)
- Doors and/or windows should be opened as follows:
- All windows must be open if the temperature outside is above 60 degrees.
- At least one window must be open on each of the three walls if the temperature is below 60 but above 50.
- If the temperature is below 50, it is okay to leave the windows closed if you wish.
- It is always okay to open the windows if you prefer better ventilation.
- Please be sure to close doors and windows securely before you leave.
- All these guidelines may be revised if the pandemic situation improves further or worsens again and the CDC, NYSDOH or TCHD issue new guidelines.